Everyone wants to do good – whether it’s for ourselves or for family members, friends, the environment, or the whole society at large – because we, as humans, are born with love and care in our hearts. We all have the ability to do some good deeds. A Good deed carries a double punch and they cannot only bring positive impact to other’s lives but also make us feel good about ourselves and become a better person. Here is a list of 20 good deeds ideas you can try out on daily basis – and they won’t take you much time and money!
1. Return shopping carts for people at the grocery store.
2. Keep an extra umbrella at your workplace so you can lend it out.
3. Unplug electronic appliances when not in use.
4. Pick up trash in the park or at the beach.
5. Give your change to the homeless.
6. Volunteer for an hour at an organization of your choice.
7. Recycle whatever paper, bottles, and plastic items possible.
8. Eat vegetables for a day once a week.
9. Find unneeded items in your house and donate them to a charitable organization.
10. Donate blood at your local Red Cross.
11. Plant a tree.
12. Create a community garden and donate vegetables to a food pantry.
13. Paying for a random person’s coffee in the line after you in the coffee shop or at the drive-through is one easy good deed you can try today.
14. Sign up for a CPR course.
15. Use a reusable lunch bag and water bottle instead of paper one.
16. Carpool or take public transportation when possible.
17. Take part in a literacy program to help children or adults learn to read.
18. Visit a local nursing home and spend time with residents.
19. Adopt a pet from an animal shelter.
20. Join the bone marrow registry.
Certainly, you can do more than what is mentioned in the list, but the most important thing is that you get started now instead of worrying about the money and time expense and taking no action. If each of us can share the kindness and use our actions to inspire others, the world will definitely become a better place.
Check our newest real life game www.thegoodcards.com.
Latest posts by Katt Gu (see all)
- Artificial Intelligence VS Human Being - February 23, 2017
- How Giant Fans are turning harmful CO2 into Useful Fuel - February 9, 2017
- Roadway for the future – Solar Roadways - January 31, 2017