Why do we have this goal?
In 2015 we had the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris where politicians came together to discuss the urgency of climate change. The global temperature has increased by two degrees Celsius and it’s still rising.
I had the privilege to interview Canadian politician Andrew Weaver where we discussed the ultimate solution to climate change and what will happen if don’t change how we consume the Planet’s resources. We’re going to publish this interview on October 4, 2016.
In the last ten years, the polar ice caps have melted faster than the previous 100 years.
Liam wrote an article where he discusses the issues raised in “Chasing Ice” and what we can do to help stop the polar ice caps from melting.
Most politicians understand that something needs to be done to tackle global warming, but most do nothing. I cannot understand why we rely on politicians to solve issues such as climate change when they have no motivation to change the world.
We need to start acting immediately.
How is fossil fuel connected with climate change?
Increased global temperature is MOSTLY due to the burning of fossil fuel. Do you know that the technology we have in current cars is 100 years old? Do you want to tell me that humans cannot develop something better? No! It’s because someone MADE A LOT OF MONEY and it’s literally killing our beautiful planet.
What would happen if we do not reduce our fossil fuel usage?
The consequences will be disastrous. Floods, hurricanes, and earthquakes will savage the earth. New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami and thousands of cities all over the world will be submerged.
It’s not too late to change this!
How are we going to do it?
We need to engage millions of people and get them to cut down on their fossil fuel usage.
At Better World International, we have lots of articles covering how to increase your sustainability.
It’s important that we measure our progress so we can track the impact it’s having.
How do I contribute?
There are a few ways you can contribute right now. Let’s start with the biggest contribution you can do:
1. Solar panels on your roof.
It makes a big difference.Don’t have spare money? No problem. There are a few other solutions you may be able to use:
- Talk with your parents or grandparents. They usually have more money, and they care about you and about your future. Try and get them to install solar panels on your house.
- Apply for grants. A lot of countries may help you finance your solar panels – even up to 80% of the costs.
- Don’t have those options? Get a portable solar panel for $10 for charging your phone and be an example for you friends. Be proud to show others you are saving the world!
2. Get an electric car. Tesla is not the only choice. There are cheaper alternatives like for example, the Nissan Leaf.
3. Reduce usage.
- Change your bulbs to LED.
- Turn off lights when they are not in use.
- Use air conditioning only in your room and living room instead of cooling the entire house.
We want to hear your AWESOME story!
- Take a photo, or short video of how you’re reducing your fossil fuel usage.
- Share your story below in the comments.
- After that, your action will be added to our big counter above!
You Have 30 Days to Complete This Mission.
If you want to take it further and inspire, anonymously, other people all over the world then check out our awesome project – The Good Cards. There you can track the impact of your good deed had and observe how lives are changing across the world because of you!
You can engage other people in this cool game and make them repeat what you did.
We are waiting to hear your story!
Have fun doing this mission.
Talk to you soon, Dreamer.